When someone visits www.yourtechnicalcopywriter.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the sign-up process for our weekly copywriting tips, we collect name and email address information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organizations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our weekly tips and to periodically offer our services. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email campaign. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing Nabeel Keblawi.
We may share anonymized personal information with other organizations, particularly HubSpot and Wave, which I use as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and Invoicing tool, respectively. However, we will never share sensitive information or your payment details with anyone else.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
– Your Technical Copywriter, or on behalf of Your Technical Copywriter, and are necessary to make the website function properly;
– Third parties who participate with us in marketing programs; and
– Third parties who broadcast online advertisements on behalf of Your Technical Copywriter.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
2. For Your Technical Copywriter to market to you, particularly online advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Your Technical Copywriter to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
This policy was last updated in May 2018 and will be reviewed annually.